Sunday 2 July 2023

Fettling 2023 half way point


 So! This has been a good year! Lots of big fat ✔️s on the fettle list so let's see where we are at the half way mark!
There is one which should be ticked off but hasn't been, simply because the weather has been so bad and I haven’t got a picture of it for a blog post yet but I can live with that! Plenty of finishes besides that.
I thought long and hard about the format of the list but I like what it is like now and will keep it this way for now.
So what's been ticked off in the first half of 2023?

Ticked off in 1st half 2023

Like I said there is one more to add but that can go in to the next half of 2023. I now have a good feel for what I can and can't achieve in retirement so am more confident about adding stuff to the list.
I also thought long and hard about adding or removing from the list. The main thing which has been added are the 8 quilts I agreed to quilt for Siblings plus the two kits I bought in France have been added to the waiting list. I'm happy not to add anything more just now. Let's see how we get on in the next half and then review 😊 
List update
There are projects on the list which are long term:
Blossom Jane
I have made good progress almost half way now! I am doing this at my fortnightly sewing group I think I need to also block off one full day a month to work on it just to move it along.

Floral big cats -Panther lion, tiger, lynx, cheetah, Jaguar, mountain lion, snow leopard, cloudd leopard
Again some progress but if I could tick off another 1 or 2 by the end of the year that would be good.
Marbling fabric - this is a funny one, I love doing this but it requires prep so I never get round to it, I really want to do more this year.
Bubbles in speckled fabric, to be honest I love the look of these blocks but making them is tedious. I thought about simply piecing them rather than fpp to speed up the process? Not sure
Quilt 8x quilt tops for ST - this should be higher up list. These will be done by end of July no nonsense there!
Lion quilt for Evelyn (added may 2023) this is done! Just needs picture. 

Sewalongs
Riley Blake - Every tuesday (apart from last of the month from January 2023 to May 2023)
This is 2 thirds done not much to finish this one

Quiet play under the Ocean - Once a month January to June 2023
Uggghhhhh lovely but very very small fpp .... 

Quilting life - monthly Jan - December 
Need to catch up on this one but obviously it won't finish till December!

Bountiful - February- September first Friday of every month  removed feb 2023 pattern not to my liking

Sunny patches March- September  this is a nice simple one but has fallen off radar.


The waiting list
Sisters quilt - by Xmas?
Applique quilt
Cover for sewing machine - this needs to ve further up list need is more pressing now.
Birds and baskets quilt in AMH echinacea - ooft a longer term one I think
Selvedge quilt - again longer term
Quilt for Henry the dog in Blue and Teal - hmmmmmm still not sure about this one
Bargello Angels wings with Tula - been too long on list needs to get further up
Tula butterfly in capel and castaway - leave till next year
medallion quilt in liberty big prints - leave till next year
Orphan block quilts? Hmmm not sure
Scrap quilt  - Stash bandit one leave till next year
Jen Kingwell Bakers dozen, Blockheads or pluses quilt in Lucy Engles bundles? leave till next year

Non quilting crafts - In progress - all these are year long projects 
Temperature embroideries 2023
Stitchdoodles year in embroidery
Wheel of the year 2023

Non quilting crafts - Waiting list
F**k embroidery which has been transfered to fabric, many other patterns from get stitch done this is top of the queue to get done
Michael Powell snowy chapel X stitch
Michael Powell snowy street X stitch
2x Michael Powell bookmarks
Floral Alphabet sampler
Phenology Wheel
Anything new from Carina?
Victoria sampler patterns and SALs

I am not sure how many fettling points I have gained 😊but I am just loving being able to devote all my time and brain power to this, how lovely 😊

2 comments:

  1. What a great progress report: you’ve made loads of it! (I do love the colour coding in your list, such a good idea for keeping track of frequency.) Thanks for joining in and hooray for progress and finishes! *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting! And a pom pom wave 😊 my favourite xx

      Delete