Saturday 29 April 2023

Sewcialites - Sew along 2022/23

 

Ta dah!!!!! I love this quilt rather a lot, last year when i was still working i would wake up uber early in the morning, usually in a cold sweat .... and I would sooth myself by reading about all the lovely sew alongs which were going on, I would be wistful thinking "when I retire I am going to do all the sewalongs!" And this was the first, the sewcialites a free SAL from the Fat Quarter shop this is the third i think.
The blocks come in 3 sizes so I chose the middle size the 6.5 inch block. First thing I noticed was how bad my piecing had become! I think I have been doing so much FPP I really needed this discipline to get back into more accurate piecing.

Above are my first few blocks and below are some of my last blocks. I used a scrappy grey background just using up loads of grey FQs, the main prints were just a nice random selection from the stash, some FQs which had been hanging around for a while, a nice eclectic bunch.


Much umming and awing over the layout and I can see that from the layout above to the layout below I mispieced one of the sections, a star in the lower left quadrant is going in the wrong direction ... ach with a quilt this busy who will notice!!!
So thats it done, that itch for the SALs has been well and truly scratched! and another thing ticked off the fettle list!

3 comments:

  1. It’s wonderful! Hooray for finishes *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love a pom pom wave and I love fettling 😊

      Delete