Wednesday 15 February 2023

A scarf 5 years in the making!

so many happy memories!! This was July 2018, it was the second indieburghcraft crawl an event organised by Edinburgh independent craft shops, you got a passport which you git stamped in each shop you visited. If you git them all stamped you got entered into a prize draw in the evening event. I think lovely Ruth won a great prize in 2018.
This was us just after lunch. I think i had just bought what affectionately became known as the worlds most expensive ball of wool. This is it below "Floating"  my colour was called lambs breath. It's a blend of silk cashmere and alpaca. 
We got it from Ysolda shop, she is not usually open but opened specially for the craft crawl. She had designed the "Tresna" scarf especially for this wool i fell in love with it there and then. 
I also bought the red wool as I was so scared to use the expensive one first because I hadn't knitted for many years! So the red ball was my stunt wool 🤣🤣


I eventually plucked up the courage to start the red knitting in July 2019 eventually finishing in December 2019 ....

This was it after blocking!
So here we are in February 2023 ... I thought if using this for another pattern since I had already made the tresna scarf in red but then I thought no, it was bought to make the tresna scarf so let's just do it! So I now have 2 teesna scarves as originally intended and I love them both 😊 plus its another big ✔️ off the fettling list!


 



2 comments:

  1. They’re both magnificent and I love how different they look in the different yarns and colours. Hooray for finishes and the fettling of them *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do both look very different! I had a ball making them 😊

      Delete