Tuesday 4 July 2023

Quilt for Evelyn

 I dont do commissions, repeat I dont do commissions .... well apart from this one! I have known Evelyn for years, she is a lovely lecturer at a University where I used to work. This woman does so much for others, seriously its unbelievable and she has the best sense of humour too!
I knew she had her first grandchild last august and I did think about making a quilt for her but it was while I was retiring and that came with its own challenges so it never got done.
She asked me earlier this year if I would make a quilt for her grandson so of course I said yes. She wanted various shade of blue so I went with the above simple greek cross pattern.
She also asked if there could be a lion on it (grandson is called Leo) I couldnt find suitable fabric with lions on it so there was only one thing for it ...
yup a non floral big cat!







Not too much of a challenge and I love him!
So the quilt top and back were duly sent to Cath to do her wonderful stuff, long story short he went awol in the post ๐Ÿ˜Ÿhe turned up again after 6 days lost!!!!! Cath did her stuff and Quilt for Evelyn is now duly done and ticked off the fettle list!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic quilt! I think it must have gone to join in a Thundercats battle as you’ve definitely got Lion-O on the back there. Hooray for finishes and the Fettling of them *waves pompoms* And hooray for Scoobs’ quilt holding skills *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete