Tuesday 4 July 2023

Orkney! Day 1

In the morning Sue and I went to visit a chum of hers, such an amazing lady, house full of the most fantastic cushions, teddy bears and stitch books! Sue and I got the idea for making our own stitch books!
Pretty stunning view! Oh my our first full day on Orkney and this was the first of many many stunning views. We drove to the Kitchener monument and had a good wander up to it, I had no idea he died near Orkney, it was a lovely monument but not sure about it being to him? Anyhow some more local context was added to it recently which was good, no photos of that I was too busy blethering!

Thats the monument below in the distance.

We walked along the path after the monument to some fishermens huts, how beautiful




Best bit of the day???? This 😊⬇

1 comment: