Saturday 31 December 2022

December furtle

 Last furtle of the year!

So what did we do this month? Well there was the sticky prod along ..... not that I needed any proding πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡
I aimed to get the temperature embroideries done ✔️ if proof were needed here is the final piece the label😊 main blog post about that is here


the solstice sampler done ✔️



 and keep up to date with the sewcialites sew along ✔️ 
Here are the first 8 blocks, we dont get any more until January I think, I am doing the 6.5 inch version, with a scrappy grey background


Along with that I also got this chap done 😊😊 this was a panel from a sew hot scrap bag, I really wanted to make it up for linus so whipped it up pretty quick, its so sweet!



plus my wheel of the year, retirement is working out well for me!

Oh yes also this quilt for the guild challenge

Uneven log cabin, main blog post about that here
I did another floral big cat, the cheetah, love this chap

So thats three cats down, six to go, I am adoring making these.

Oh yes and this might be my last quilt of the year, again another last minute one .... I havent posted anywhere else about it, i dont really feel it is my story to tell. One of my chums (non quilty) was really ill this year, he is a lovely chap, really into heavy metal, cartoons etc and just one of the nicest persons you could meet.
He was in hospital for 6 months and only heard a few weeks back he might get out for christmas, and he did! He is having to learn to walk again so I thought "quilt to keep his legs warm!"
this was a very hasty photoshoot before scoobs went back to folks for christmas, so here it is! Mikeys quilt:

I dont know if you can see but it is all squares of Helen Steele fabric, I used lots of day of the dead skulls, octopi, hedgehogs, turtles etc. Mikey got it today and just loves it, I am so happy.

Oh yes and I started on a new quilt top πŸ˜‚
Seriously been cooped up inside with either rain or snow, it has really helped increase productivity!

This was from a momo Layer cake - Oh deer which was kindly gifted by a chum to make a charity quilt, its taken a few years but i think it may be the first finish of 2023!
Goodness me, December does seem to have been very productive! The weather has kept me indoors a lot so I suppose a surge of productivity was inevitable!
Oh well! I did actually manage to get it done !!!!! So last ever quilt of 2022 ta dah!

Thank you so much Mini Archie for another year or furtling, its a great way to connect and to keep a track of what is being and has been done. Looking forward to furtling in 2023!

2 comments:

  1. How have you done more in December than I’ve managed in the entire year?! I love your Sewcialites blocks and and glad Mikey loves his quilt, I hope it keeps him warm and reminds him that he’s loved when days are hard. Which floral cat will be next or does that depend on which fancy strikes when you next decide to start one? Thanks for Furtling this year, it’s been a pleasure to read your posts each month, I’m glad you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🀣🀣 yes December was very very productive! Combination of retirement and ice outside keeping me indoors πŸ™„ next floral big cat will be either lynx or tiger I think not sure, I always need a good pause between them. Let's see what January's furtle brings 😊

      Delete