Tuesday 22 November 2022

Temperature embroideries 2021

 2021 was a mighty strange year all round but there were high points in it and things which kept me going! One of them was marking the days by recording the temperature. I used the free pattern from Carina which used spiders web embroideries. I made a square for each month, I used her temperature chart and had a separate wee box with all the necessary DMC threads in them. The box is special to me, it was a christmas present from a very dear chum. 





Seeing this box every day reminded me of her and the fun time we had together in December 2020, we managed to get one meal together the 3 of us before the next lockdown started. Strange times.

So I decided I wanted to DO something with them and thought why dont i put them all in a book! There is only so much wall space and framing is costly. So I adapted the Aneela Hoey booklet pouch pattern. 

On the front is a sampler I think i did it this year but hey no one is going to check! 

on the inside leaves I put in some embroideries I have had for decades! I had no where to put them but now i do! 

I added a mandala for each month, again these were from a series Carina did in 2021, they did a lot for my mental health that year.


On the back are some sashiko samples I did at an online class with Yi crafts the indigo fabric was a left over chunk i had and I am so pleased it was just enough to make this!


No comments:

Post a Comment