Sunday 1 January 2023

Botanics 2022



 Well, you know how the spontaneous often turns out to be the best? This was one of those things! I have wanted to do something like this for years. to be honest I have really struggled with Christmas since 2017 and a beloved family member died in very tragic circumstances in December, that whole month was horrific and for a variety of factors I have not had a chance to get over that or make new christmas traditions, he was such a large part of our family christmas and with family illness and covid I have not had a normal christmas since. I tried this year to sidestep it all but you cant do that unless you go away completely. and to be honest this year was lonely and sad, I dont want that again so I will work to make it bettter for me next year.
A chum messaged me on wednesday and told me how great the lights were at the Botanics. They looked lovely so I asked Mark if he would come, I wasnt actually expecting him to say yes but he did! 
We had an utterly glorious time! We had hot chocolate, the lights were fantastic and it was an all round top evening! Here are my highlights!









































2 comments: