Thursday 1 December 2022

Cinema November 2022

 Well a dickensian start to November, I joked on insta that this isn't the current govt, but jeez that's not far from the truth ....

That aside I don't think there is a David Lean film I don't love, he was masterful in filming any of Dickens works.
Awwww Nigel Bruce as Watson! I know he didn't agree with the portrayal of Atson as such an idiot and I agree, he did still give a fab performance 

And Basil Rathbone, perfect for Holmes.
A bit of comfort viewing 😊 Kung Fu panda! Love it.
Last film of November! And it's a cracker, Death on the nile with Peter Ustinov as Poirot and David Niven as Col Race. I did wince quite a lot at some of the casual racismand sexism. But it's of its Time. Don't get me started on the recent Branagh interpretations, total travesty, this one is faithful to the story and in the portrayal Poirot. 
And it had Bette Davis and Maghie Smith - sublime


1 comment:

  1. I quite agree about the Branagh version of Death On The Orient Express - I haven’t seen his version of Death On The Nile and I don’t think I’ll be seeking it out, either.

    ReplyDelete