Saturday 31 December 2022

Cinema December 2022

 This is going to be a belter of a month, first retired December- bring it on!
I'm still binging a free trial so next up is Evil under the sun, sublime cast, Maggie Smith again and of course Peter Ustinov as Poirot but oh my the racism 😬😬😬 I still love these films but oh my they were of their time.




Murder on the orient express, Finney was never my favourite Poirot but this was at least faithful to the story ....


I had a seven day free trial so binge watched a lot with it. The thin blue line, fab film precursor to Dixon of Dock green which was must view when I was young 😊 Dirk Bogarde playing the baddie, I adored Dirk Bogarde
Hobsons choice, utterly utterly sublime.john Mills was perfect in this, as was everyone to be honest. Charles Laughton was magnificent as was the actress who played Maggie.


Awww Raymond Massey! What a star, this is the Shape of things to come by Alexander Korda based on the HG Wells story, I thought it might be a nice Sci fi film to rewatch but blimey I had forgotten how prescient it is. A world.war followed by world qide pestilence, shortage of medicines and.foods, gas attacks and masks.which are sub par and not fit for purpose 😳 hmmmmmm even had a tin pot dictator beautifully played by Ralph Richardson
 All too close for comfort!


2 comments:

  1. I watched this version of murder in the orient express the other day when it was on and had forgotten how white and powdery some of the makeup was - in some scenes, I spent more time staring at their faces than I did actually watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Very distracting isn't it, so much of the cinematography was not that great in the 80s

      Delete