Thursday 29 December 2022

Quilt for Mikey

My mate Mikey was really really ill this year, really ill, we nearly lost him. He came through but spent 6 months in hospital. Just before christmas he heard he might get out in time for christmas day, soooooooo well he needs a quilt to keep him warm while he recuperates doesnt he!
He is a big heavy metal fan, loves animals and cartoons so a simple quilt of Helen Steele hand printed fabrics seemed in order, I knew he would like the day of the dead skulls so he had to have those plus hedgehogs, turtles and a whole host more!
There was no time or weather for a balcony shot so here is Scoobs improvising in the living room 😊 This will probably be my last quilt of 2022 and i cant think of a better one.

Awww how this fills my heart, this is an update as of December 2023, Mikey posted this on Facebook,  he said "Last of my wee few days of gratitude, this lovely quilt that was sent to me by Sheila. She send it to me when I got out of hospital. It had a wee personal message of encouragement written on it. I nearly cried the day I opened it. It was so thoughtful. I’ve never told her this but it sits next to me every day. It’s beautiful and reminds me of her. Sheila and I quickly hit it off when I joined QMU and we have been stepping buddies ever since. Thanks Sheila for your words of advice which you have sent and which I have taken with me and remember everyday"


1 comment:

  1. I hope it brings him comfort on tough days and reminds him that he’s important and valued. Hooray for finishes *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete