Monday 27 November 2023

Sashiko stars

Ta dah!!! OK this numpty got her dates mixed up and thought she had a whole extra week to make this .... Anyhoo I was determined to get this done for the Alice Caroline SOS I have been giving to it for years now and didnt want to miss one.

so I got a wiggle on and got the whole blessed thing quilted, bound and washed in a day 😳 Not saying I could do that again but boy it was intense!!!!
The backing was pieced, all done in liberty quilting cotton
I loved making the pattern I chose, Sashiko stars by Ankas Treasures, such a great pattern




When making it I went through quite a few layouts, I didnt have enough of any one fabric for the star bits so I chose two pink colours one darker and one lighter.

I made 2 blocks in each main block colour, wasnt sure how to lay them out, but ended up with this layout

This was how much of the star patterns I had left!!!! I was a bit stressed I was going to have to do some improv but it all worked out.

this was such a good pattern to make, really easy to chain piece, so well written
Getting my organisation groove on!



I always do some test blocks! these turned out perfectly

Great pattern despite the slightly frantic end! will definately make again.

2 comments:

  1. It’s a fantastic quilt and I can’t quite get over just how quickly you’ve made it! Hooray for finishes and the fettling of them *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a great pattern which really helped

      Delete