Wednesday 1 November 2023

Grayson Perry then ScottishWomen Artists

So this is not in any particular order ... uploading pictures from my phone to blogger using very flaky wifi in Lismore was a challenge! But i did it!!! 
I keep on thinking 2023 cant get any busier but then it does, but then it is all such wonderful stuff I dont want to not do any of it. So I will chill out in the later winter months.
Lovely chums Ruth and Sheena and I organised a trip to see Grayson Perry exhibition, now I have never been sure what I think of Grayson Perry, but oh my after seeing this exhibition I am a convert.
Challenging, provocative, emotional it all made me think and think and think and thats not a bad thing is it?

This house was fantastic, made me think of a patchwork roof.



I particularly loved the maps, these were made into tapestries, they reminded me of fictional old maps in childrens fantasy novels, the workmanship was amazing.
The flag below - Slave ship was very challenging to see, quite emotional

Exquisite workmanship but very challenging subject matter




This ship below the 'Tomb of the unknown craftsman' was another favourite, lots of replicas of items from the British Museum make up the ship, the bottles are the blood sweat and tears of the craftsperson making them.



I seem to have done better with the next exhibition we went too! We had a lovely stop for lunch at the Outsider a favourite, then pootled along to the Dovecot to see the Scottish Women Artists exhibition, I really loved this one too.











































 

No comments:

Post a Comment