Tuesday 27 June 2023

Skye June 2023 day 3 and 4

 Well isnt that a great view to wake up to!

I drove Scoobs to the drop off poing then carried on to Kilmuir via Dunvegan. When we were last in Skye it was torrential rain and we didnt realise that we had missed seeing the grave of Alexander McQueen when we visited the museum of highland life.
It was a long drive but I was determined to see it.
And oh my goodness what an amazing monument, simple but extravagant at the same time.



There was a small pot of flowers at the bottom of the grave which read - Precious brother.
The graveyard opposite had Flora McDonalds grave which I did get to see the last time, thank goodness because it was mobbed by tourists this time! The rest of the graveyard was so so pretty, lots of moss on the graves.



I pootled off home and set up to get some serious sewing done! Cute wee set up!
After cracking on with some Dear Jane blocks I went out to stretch my legs, more amazing views




Oh my , I may never come home

2 comments:

  1. McQueen’s gravestone is wonderful - strong but not overpowering and incredibly poignant and the lichen just makes it all the better. Skye looks beautiful, I’m amazed you were able to drag yourself away from the views!

    ReplyDelete