Monday 12 June 2023

Our garden

 So a certain young puppy has made himself head gardener! He even purloined a notebook to jot down all his plants ๐Ÿ˜‚Well we will let him away with it ๐Ÿ˜‰

He even got a spiffy new watering can!
I am enjoying retirement so much but one of the really big things I am enjoying is being able to learn more about our garden and build on the huge appreciation we got for it during the pandemic, having this safe secure and beautiful spot of nature was one of the good things to come out of those awful years. Sitting here and having lunch and dinner with Scoobs kept a lot of the stress at bay. So now I want to learn and grow (sorry for the pun!) We started off with some sunflowers ,.,. but some numpty (me) forgot to put them up high when we put them outside and our resident bunny treated it as an all you can eat buffet ....
we took some wise advice (thank you Helen!) and planted some more seeds and repurposed this old wine rack to keep them high and out of ๐Ÿฐreach!
We had to go round the garden to note down and identify some of the plants which were already established, poor Scoobs, he should know being married to a librarian I would want to document all of this! Below is an established plant we think it is Geum Coiccichium according to my plant net app! pretty isnt it?

This is the left hand side of the garden where we put most of the hanging baskets, we bought them this year, next year I might feel confident enough to  make my own!
The fuschias are just about coming out in the baskets
I have to say I am not a huge petunia fan? dont know why, I am just not a fan of the trumpet shaped flowers but Mark adores them and these are pretty
Especially this starry night one
I do adore foxgloves though! just love seeing the bumble bee bums sticking out of them!
Extreme close up of BTPs new watering can!
We bought a lot of plants from Beeches nursery on a recent visit, what a great nursery it is! Below are the Nemesium, Biden and the Aggranthemum Molimba we bought there.
Extreme close up of the petunias from the hanging baskets! they are so pretty just now

This is Beeches Nursery, such a lovely spot




Mark wasnt keen on the succulents ๐Ÿ˜’ I just loved this display though, how pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your appointment to the post of head gardener, Mini Mini Bud! I can’t wait to see what you and your under gardeners do.

    P.S. That’s definitely a geum, possibly Mrs Bradshaw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes most definitely Mrs Bradshaw

      Delete