Tuesday 27 June 2023

Skye June 2023 day 1 and 2 Armadale Castle and Gardens

 Last year when I retired we went up to Skye at the end of September for a celebratory holiday. When we were there Scoobs spoke about a walk he wanted to do but would involve leaving the car and also using public transport, all very tricky.
But scoobs I cried! you now have your very own chauffeur! So there and then we booked a cottage for June 2023 .... so here we are! How adorable is this wee cottage? Tully Beag in Broadford
And look at that view!
It was funny driving up, I could see Scoobs beginning to decompress after work, me? No need to decompress, I was chilled๐Ÿ˜Š benefits of retirement #3561!
We arrived about tea time, so pootled about to look for a place to eat, bought a bottle of wine in the Broadford Coop and lo and behold there was a fish n chip van in the car park! perfect!
Again - look at that view!
I had been a bit stressed because a quilt I was making had got lost in the post ... but I got the message on friday morning that it had turned up, the relief was immense!
We drove across to Kyle of Lochalsh and got langoustine and lemon sole for our tea. Dropped them off and pootled to Armadale Castle and Gardens for the day.
It was so beautiful there. 





The Castle was ruined and you couldnt go inside but I loved the way that ivy etc had taken over it. The gardens were stunning. We had lunch there too, food was amazing!






However it was far too hot, I was really struggling in the heat, so we drove back to Uig, stopped for water. Back to the cottage then some sewing and chill, cooked our seafood and watched Master and commander!
I made this lovely little Macaron pouch ๐Ÿ˜Š

2 comments:

  1. That looks like an amazing garden to visit, the ruined castle is the perfect finishing touch. Perhaps something to consider for your garden?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! I shall mention to head gardener he will be thrilled ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete