Monday 23 January 2023

Knitwear Chanel to Westwood

 


a wall of Fair Isle, how gorgeous was that! Me and two chums visited the exhibition at the Dovecot studios 'knitwear, Chanel to Westwood at the weekend. I am still a bit rabbit in the headlights when going out and about but hey this was worth it! Fantastic exhibition.
There was a section on Cocktail sweaters, OMG I know want to knit a cocktail sweater, these were beautiful.



I dont know if you can see the knitting book on the floor in the picture below, Its the Lady Isobel Barnett book of knitted patterns. I adored Lady Isoble Barnett when I was younger, she was the epitome of chic. Such a sad story. I want to hunt this book down and knit one.


Aww Lovely to fnish with the amazing Bill Gibb and Kaffe Fassett. Bill Gibb comes from my home town, Kaffe Fassett mentions visiting there in his book dreaming in Colour.

I stayed overnight in Edinburgh as I was going out in the evening to celebrate a chums birthday, I know you go no where for 3 years then you are all over the place! Scoobs was away camping so I went into Marks and Spencer and got some Bao buns for our dinner! All in all a lovely weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment