Saturday 20 April 2024

Florence day 4 2024

Oh I do love a croissant! I dont normally do gluten but its hard to avoid it in Italy! This is such a cute wee cafe just round the corner from San Marco, I was hoping it would still be there and it was!! still does great coffee! and has a nice toilet 😉

Ahhhhhhhhh me in my happy place, I could set up home in San Marco I love this place so much, these cloisters mean so much to me


I wont lie almost cried when I walked up these stairs again, there wre times during the pandemic I wondered if I would ever see this again, and there she is, how utterly utterly beautiful
There were a few tourists stanindg around her so I pootled off to the library another favourite place, love this a fresco of books!!!











See this wee Demon being squished?? Love this wee chap!








Keep coming back to her




Savonarola












After this I wanted to walk in the footsteps of the Medici, after going to my cafe for another coffee and pastry! Next up after that was Medici Riccardi Palace, very very opulent
Loved this carving!




















Next on list was the Medici chapels, again lots of opulence, very grand and very different from San Marco 












I did try after this for the Palazzo Vecchio, I think I am destined never to see round it 😂the last time I visited I tried but there was a conference on, this time a lady in the queue motioned me to go in front, I couldnt understand her I was really tired so I just fled, not my finest moment but I hit a wall I think. I went instead to the Bargello Museum, I dont think I have been here before, what a lovely lovely museum! really enjoyed it










And there were some Giotto frescos!! His last ones

















Yer actual Donatello! so very different to the Michelangelo one but just as wonderful I think


I went in past the wonderful Papiro on the way back to hotel, spent an absolute fortune, they even gave me a free calendar! But this will be my next adventure book, the current one is filling up fast!
 It had started to thunder and lighteningn and torrential rain so I hot footed back to hotel and chilled for the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment