Thursday 12 October 2023

Snapping my big girl pants on!

My mantra for retirement is "I didnt retire to stay in my comfort zone" and this is so off the scale out of my comfort zone!!!!
I think some of my chums and definately my ex would not recognise me. And that is perfectly fine with me 😊 "im not a joiner" "I cant do new groups" These are all things I have said and felt.
But maybe I have been reset? Maybe the experience of the past few years plus shielding and retirement have shifted things? who knows?
Or maybe I am braver than I thought 😉
Avon Lagoon, can you spot me above? Just going into the water at the far right with the yellow tow float.
I have done 3 sessions just now with the person who does paid for dips and thats fantastic and lovely and yes I will do more with her but thats not a sustainable option going forward. 
So I snapped on my big girl pants and joined a few facebook groups and asked if I could join in a swim.
They were lovely! what a great group of women, so welcoming and kind, and one of the organisers is from Frasrerburgh!!! many years younger than me but such a lovely co-incidence. I adored every minute!
Im the one above sitting down leftish to the middle with Orange bag in front of me.
I know for one that husband no1 would not recognise me at all. 
But its not about him its about me, about resetting, about retirement about sooking every last drop out of life 😊

2 comments: