Monday 9 October 2023

Beyond the little black dress

So! this was a lovely adventure with my best chum Jacky. We both love fashion and we both love the National Museum of Scotland, I worked there for a year  when I first moved down to Edinburgh in 2000 I was working there when 9/11 happened, scary time. I have so many happy memories of the Museum and love visiting.
This exhibition was called "Beyond the Little Black Dress" pretty self explanatory! We werent expecting the Jewellery though, how lovely.

I think this was my favourite piece of jewellery, I love a string of pearls!
This was difficult to photograph but very iconic
I am really not sure about the tulle, but the over sized safety pin is amazing, want one, reminded me of my punk youth!
I could see me swishing around in this one
Jacky loved the rooster brooch and we both loved the dangly  flower brooch at the back.

More on this case later, it was sensational
Now I dont normally like a lace up back, to be honest I always found them a bit tacky, but this I love!
so 20s
Simple, elegant
The dresses are fabulous but look at the background! its pattern pieces, loved it


This was a 3D printed dress, there was a video showing it being made, amazing!
ah now this was the top dress for both of us, sensational in real life, elegant, beautifully but but yes made for someone with 30 year younger boobies than either of us!


I loved the one below, I could have been doing with this look for some work meetings ....
Very Mrs Danvers
Ah now this was the first case dress, I adore this, I think this is the one which I would wear if I could find it in my size! love the neckline the oversized buttons, the waist, love it
Apparently this was one of Princess Margarets!
And below is one that Meghan wore when she was pregnant
There was also this video of Zen Garden by Viktor and Rolf, it was mesmerising


 

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a wonderful exhibition to spend time in.

    ReplyDelete