Wednesday 4 October 2023

Quilt for handsome Henry

Update! Here is Henry and Boogle with their Quilts.

Are you sitting comfortably? 😊 I hope you got that reference! Over 13 years ago I made the black and white quilt below, at the time I remember it feeling quite challenging, I had a love hate relationship with Drunkards Path in those days! I look at the fabric now and remember this line, cica 1934 by Cosmo Cricket, I dont think they are doing fabric any more which is a shame because I loved their fabrics.
I posted about this on twitter at the time (it wasnt a toxic cesspit like it is now ....) and a twitter chum said she really liked it. So of course it went to her, over the years her much loved doggy - Boogle claimed it. When Boogle sadly went over the 🌈bridge she asked me if he could be buried in it πŸ’”πŸ’•of course said I! I would be honoured.
Flashforward and now chum has new doggy - Handsome Henry, she asked if he could have a quilt - of course! of course Henry must have a quilt!
Henry is a different doggy so I tried to stay with the circles, drunkards path theme but use more modern colours
I busted out my Jenny Haynes - Pappersaxsten templates and got going. 

I was unsure about the layout then remembered the lovely Sonia layout as used by Lucy Engles
So using that layout I got cracking! Below is my Scoobs doing his usual sterling work
The backing was rather special, the lovely Helen sent me the cowboy saloon fabric (on the bottom of the back) many months ago, I have been saving it for something special, I think Henry is rather special, dont you?

4 comments:

  1. Another fantastic finish and how lovely to use the saloon fabric in something! Hooray for finishes and the fettling of them *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so chuffed with this and so glad the saloon fabric has found a good home 😊

      Delete