Monday 9 October 2023

Beach sunrise swimming session crazy crazy rain

So! my swimming adventures continue. I had booked on the Sunrise and breath work session with The Cold Water Therapist. I wasnt sure for a number of reasons if the session would actually go ahead! Firstly we were down to one car and I wasnt certain my timings would work with what Scoobs wanted to do. Secondly the weather has been awful! I was supposed to go to Killearn on saturday and Scoobs drove me there on his way to meet with a chum. We got there and to cut a long story short just turned around and came home again, these are from our journey home!


It was shocking, we had 3 or 4 attempts to get to the house all the routes were impassable! but we got there eventually and soothed ourselves with a well deserved macaroni pie 😊

The cold water therapist was checking the roads and forecast etc and thought on the sunday that the session could go ahead but offered anyone who couldnt get there a refund. 
I was totally up for it though! really wanted to do it and the roads were a lot better on the sunday morning. So I got up at 5.30! and set off just after 6. Journey should have taken 45 minutes but took me an hour, I was being careful.
OMG so so worth it, this was us getting in the water, thats me 3rd from the right with the yellow tow float.

I cant describe the feeling, I said "this tastes like 5 years old" it took me right back to my childhood playing down the beach and spending all my time in the water. We didnt want to come out!!! Also it is so good on my muscles, it takes all the heat out and that feeling lasts for at least a day, thats worth getting up at 5.30 for!
this was me in the car warming up after, a glorious glorious day.

2 comments:

  1. That rain is spectacular and terrifying, especially being out in it. Thank goodness you got home okay and had pies in the freezer to help you recover. It’s brilliant that the sunrise dip went ahead but even better news that the cold water is helping your muscles, sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete