Wednesday 5 October 2022

First retirement trip up to my mams

OK this retirement thingy is strange but mostly nice. I get lots of people saying how amazing it must be and yes it is but it is also all kinds of weird too. I am still processing getting here, and I know how grateful i am for that but still lots to digest and well .... recover from.
But lets focus on the positive, first visit up to my mams and it went well, coming up during the week is so much better, also (and this is big) I dont have to watch casualty, i hate casualty but we always had to watch it, but now i am not up on a saturday so we dont watch it, watch the bake off instead, much better! We also watched the chase! and one of my workmates Tim was on it! so much fun. Also I leave at a sensible time am not totally shattered, win win all round!




Of course I visited the graveyard - Kirkton, I love this place, it has so many in it who were dear to me. Not least my gran and grandad.

There was a new stone to meet - Floriana or Sheila Watt, she was the daughter of a cousin of my grandads, lovely lovely woman, she was a florist and her shop was called Florianna so folks called her Florianna too, so many happy memories of her, if you follow me on insta you will see her flowers when i post my annual april the first picture, she made all the flowers for the first wedding.




I spotted so many other unusual headstones there too.


This wee bird was singing his wee heart out!







I love being able to come up here with so much less stress in my life.


 

1 comment: