Saturday 22 October 2022

Coming out of shielding and settling into retirement

Let it never be said that i am a fair weather walker! Retirement has been weird, no two ways about it, not bad but just weird. I didnt envisage settling into retirement in the aftermath of a global pandemic which pretty much shut down the world for almost two years and resulted in me shielding for two years. I cant claim shielding was bad because i felt i was pretty lucky, very understanding husband, lovely chums who couldn't have been nicer and more considerate to me but still it wasnt easy. 
I didnt know how i would feel re entering the world, and to be honest it has been strange, the thought of breathing in other peoples air does still freak me out a bit.
So at the start of retirement i did worry that all I would be able to do was walk, and to be fair round here that isnt too shabby!




But i know I need more than this, a lovely chum gave me a picture for retirement, there was a space on he wall which fitted it perfectly:



Yes every dream does begin with a wish and my wish is to settle back into the world as much as i can.



These chaps are lovely but their conversations are a bit lacking!



Pink throne for Jacky and the orange throne for me!
But hey i digress. I strapped my big girl knickers on and got myself an over 50s scotrail card and went on my first train in almost 3 years ....

Jings havent seen this for a long long time ....

And it was fine, a bit nervous but hey i did it!

Went into Edinburgh, pootled about some graveyards then met up with chums for lunch, and it was so so so so good!



Im loving being out again, there were times when i thought it might never happen but i am so glad it has and i am LOVING it!


2 comments: