Monday 31 October 2022

October 2022 furtle- all about the sew alongs!

 Well cheers! Gosh October has been a busy busy month. When I was working I would longingly look at all the sew alongs going on and dream of the day I could join in, well that day came on August 30th 2022 ! 

 I joined in the Alderwood studio solstice sampler sal,I'm loving it but blimey it shows me that my piecing accuracy is not good ... I've been doing so much paper piecing that I haven't had to think about accuracy for a while this sal is good to get me back in to it. I'm using an old layer cake and some Tilda I picked up cheap. It's got a nice vintage vibe to it I think.

Block 3 of solstice sampler



The first sal I started was the mini series by Alison Glass and Giucy Giuce. These teeny blocks have kept me busy over October,  I'm doing them all in Lucy Engles fabrics, I had a lot of scrap packs of her fabrics which were perfect for this.

The weather here has been shocking so poor scoobs had to do a bumper set of husbands holding quilts shots ! Above is my Siblings bee quilt for 2022, all blocks made by bee mates.

Above is the quiet play in the garden bom, all done in liberty for the Alice Caroline quilt sos. 
Above is my second quilt for Alice Caroline quilt sos,  a simple brick quilt, the fabrics are the stars here.
Above are the first two blocks for the solstice sampler sal, the bottom one the candy wrapper one looks the simplest but was really challenging! Mine is a bit of a mess but I'm fine with it!

We had a lovely brekkie here, this place was one of our go to places when I was shielding,  I'm still getting used to getting out and about,  shielding was necessary but very hard to come out of, I'm getting there though!

Round up of my mini series blocks so far!


One of the very best things about retirement is spending more time with chums, I had two lovely sewing days with chums early in October,  just wonderful. 

I made an Emmeline bag in this lovely Australian Xmas fabrics which the lovely Kim brought back.
I also strapped on my big girl pants and went on a train!
Here is a better picture of my first block for the solstice sampler sal
My lovely present from my beautiful chum Sue, I love having this in the sewing room. One of my dearest wishes for retirement was to spend more time with chums and sewing,  looks like that has come true 😊
Finally a new chum for the sewing room! Wally the wombat all the way from Australia 🇦🇺 
Finally some sewing for a guild challenge it's got to be a log cabin quilt, I'm using quilting jet girls uneven log cabin pattern in some winter metallics, needs to be done for early December so better get a wiggle on!




4 comments:

  1. Well done! So much done in October. Boy 'retirement' sure fits you! Bravo for all the work completed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve packed a lot of life (and sewing) into October and look at all those finishes! Hooray *waves pompoms* Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm now fretting about running out of fabric 🤣🤣

      Delete