Friday 30 September 2022

Septembers furtle

 So September! wow, first full month of retirement .... the first things i had to do were re arrange my rooms, the ones i use the most, so obvs lets start with the sewing room! yes this was the state of it ...



Much tidying and fabric folding later and this is where we are now. It will stay like this for a while while i bed into being a pensioner 😂

And then this happened! Like i need more fabric??? but hey when a store owner advertises a closing down sale with fabric at 5 pounds a meter you dont question it.The sale was in a village hall, the poor owner was quite overwhelmed, she was on her own and when the doors opened she didnt expect the amount of visitors she had. A lovely other shop owner came out of the queue and helped her cutting, otherwise i might still be there, her husband had a tea point for the husbands (good tip!) so I texted scoobs telling him i might be 15-20 mins and he appeared at the door waving a bourbon biscuit and a cup of tea 😂 I got Tilda, Lewis and Irene and Alison Glass, 15 meters in total for 70 pounds. I am so sorry she had to close down but this fabric will go to Linus and Siblings quilts so a happy end for the fabrics.

I was all prepped for the Glasgow quilt guild and was going to do my mini SAL series, but took along everything apart from the templates .... numpty. One of the rest of the guild was selling scrap bags for her church so i bought some of those and will be making a scrap quilt, so i did get to do some sewing!


This is my mini series SAL so far, really enjoying it, using up Lucy Engels scraps, I have found a new quilt group which meets during the week so i am doing these there.

We went to skye!!! first (non annual leave) retirement holiday, how strange but how wonderful! My lovely chum gave me a bottle of 18k prosecco so I had to drink it! Slainte!

I finished Lughansa in the celtic wheel of the year just in time for Mabon to hit my inbox, love making these.


So September you have been a blast! much more crafting for Octobers furtle 😊


3 comments:

  1. I love that your sewing room was messy - mine is most of the time too - I have to tidy up whenever I finish one project... You'll soon be joining lots more groups too and wondering how you ever had the time to 'work'. Enjoy retirement. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm having so much fun xx

      Delete
  2. I think you’ve started retirement on exactly the right foot! Gorgeous sewing, a holiday, bargain shopping, Prosecco, time with chums as well as family, no Casualty, and a proper fettling of your sewing room. Bravo! Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete