Thursday 1 September 2022

Budsmams liberty day

 Well i have been planning this for months. I was hoping to go this year (2021) but things got in the way and I really didnt feel I could go. But I made the firm decision to go on my 58th birthday 25th May 2022 (update in August 2022, didnt go to plan had to stay for an extra 3 months!) 

I even bought my very own bespoke countdown clock 😂 I ordered 12 bottles of pink fizz

I am having one per month over the next 12 months to count down, oh my the first one (in June 2021) tasted ever so sweet, 12 months on I will be drinking my final bottle 😊
I have them in a wine case in my home office, I throw a quilt over them when i am in TEAMs meetings, saves any awkward questions 😂



Other things to help me count down, this wee chap, Daruma. A lovely friend brought him home from a trip to Japan.

you are supposed to colour in the eyes when you undertake a large project. One when you start and the other when you finish.
So the first is coloured in.

Update! As of June 2022 my lovely Daruma is coloured in now 😊


This week (beginning of September) I will have my third bottle, then I will be in single figures 😊
October 2021
Well …. October didnt get off to a great start …. Off sick for 2 days. I got the 3rd primary dose on the 29th sept. It really laid me low.
Fourth bottle of Prosecco drunk, now only 8 more to go. I think I can hang in, only time will tell!
Things that help bring perspective, visits from lovely lovely chums, and this most gorgeous floof.

5th bottle drunk!!😳 blimey, it’s been a shockingly hard few weeks. But the end is in sight.



down to six bottles! it has really not been a good month, health issues mean i reconsider whether to go or not? But yes i will go, I need to go, I need to take my chances here

OK its now August 2022! thats when i go, thats fine, I had to order 3 more bottles of fizz! so well its got to be Kylie hasnt it!

And here we are at April 2022, 11th bottle of Fizz drunk 🥴  blimey so so close now and about time too!




June! Well .... 10 weeks to go so we have a different countdown  now.
August 2022
!!!!! We are so nearly there! Last bottle of pink fizz drunk 😳 this weekend with lovely lovely chums!



Coming back here and updating this is very surreal. For so long this was “way in the future” “still months away” and now???? Now it is a matter of weeks!
I have another countdown 😂

 














There is also my Kaffe notebook 😊



So many lovely presents from chums too, flowers, pencils (natch!) how lovely









There was so much build up and now its here! I am sitting in the living room a retired person 😲
this is going to take a while to sink in a while to bed in, reading back through this i remember why I left. To look after myself, physically, and of course to sew and drink prosecco 😆

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for being retired! I imagine it’ll take a while to realise you’re retired and not just on annual leave, but unlike being on AL, you don’t have to squeeze all the fun into a fortnight but can have as much fun as you like for as long as you like! Congratulations *sends an enormous hug*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a weird feeling but good weird!

      Delete