Thursday 1 September 2022

FOQ 2022!!!!! IM BACK - a post 3 years in the making

Remember this 😂 whoah yeah the cine world unlimited card rides again! If you have forgotten there was the one year I didnt have my drivers licence with me and Flybe staff let me fly on my cineworld unlimited car! wouldnt be able to do that now!
Ahhhhh the FOQ is on the cards again! how flipping amazing is that?


Panda wallet with all my tickets etc

I FLEW!!!!!! I went on a tram too! snapped on my big girl pants and only went and did it! After 2.5 years of shielding this was massive






I cannot tell you how much my heart sang to see this sight again
Straight in the door at hall 9 and this shone out to me, yup our very own Kims "A year in the lighthouse quilt" what a story this quilt tells.


How beautiful and moving is this quilt


I went and got some coffee in a nice quiet space and loved this quilt!



The clothing creations as always were stunning




Oh I say wots this! it was meant to go in 2020 but hey better late than never!






A lovely pootle about seeing all the things

Wa hey! Trudi woods stunner and then i bumped into Trudi and Jen (muminthemadhouse) in person!!! how flipping amazing is it to see REAL people

Had to check this was still here 😂

Just testing!

Doing some QA!


Awwww! I got a lovely message from Helen Steele saying to pop along she had something for me! how flipping lovely is this!


I had actually been along earlier to stock up from her shop but she wasnt there! Love the skulls!

So let the shopping commence!









Obligatory hotel room show and tell! I missed these!


Day 2 more pootling looking at quilts!

more Helen Steele!  got a plan for these!

Were you at FOQ if you didnt buy zips from Purple stitches!

My amazing chums Sheenas quilt! I saw her making this its fantastic





Oh my ! the transatlantic love and kisses quilt! I had a block in this

Can you see it? Its in the middle just below the purple one, its got a yellow outer and pink inner, all capel natch!


oooooooft the miniature ones! always love these





This was a stunner, just incredible







Ahhhhhh Pizza express! reliving some memories with peroni and calamari 😊



Day 2 hotel room show and tell!




For me the FOQ was huge, not just because it had been 3 years but also it was a major step for me moving on from shielding, all the travel, the crowds, most of the time i was in a minority wearing masks, this was massive for me. But such a familiar space and place and people it was exactly the right thing to do to ease me out and get me out a bit more. I know we had to shield and i am grateful for the protection it gave me but it has taken a huge mental toll on the immunosuppressed, huge toll. 
I found myself some quiet spaces i could go to for some chill. Thankfully i know the NEC really well, it felt like home!



Still rocking it! 😂













The guild had some beautiful antique quilts on display, they showed the backing of these epp ones, I loved them






the pin for the festival this year was based on this quilt, very modern and quiet a departure, i approve!



Last fizz and a twirl!



Home again home again! to put up my new pin on my pennant, FOQ I adore you! its great to be back












 

2 comments:

  1. It was wonderful to watch you having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you! It was great to be back and to see Jane too!

      Delete