Wednesday 31 August 2022

August Furtle

 Well ..... august has been a heck of a month!!!! so much so so much happening. Some pretty big stuff too! So, where to start? I have just dumped photos in here so lets just pick them off, I made a bit more progress with my wheel of the year from Carina Craftblog on insta. Im loving this project and now i am retired ... (I know I kept that quiet!) I hope to get more up to date with it.


gosh thats not a very good photo is it! my retirement flowers

I am sensing a theme here in retirement presents!

Last day at work a red lippy day!

I made a pandamonium bag! for a lovely chums 50th, loved making this with the cork bottom

Zippers from Purple stitches, loved these at FOQ

All Tula! even inside


OK yes I went to FOQ! but I still also bought online .... welll doughtys wasnt there and they had a fab offer on liberty quilting cotton, it would have been rude not too!

Talking of FOQ ... I havent done a round up post but here are some purchases, I went a bit bonkers but hey its been 3 years!











I bought these after a fab catch up with Jane - twowednesdays
 she had been to a class and loved making them




I was on a PLANE!!!! first time in almost 3 years ..... blimey but it was fine


Naturally had to check out the gin n fizz bar! it was up to scratch!

Got this top put together! just needs quilting now, this is going to Alice Caroline SOS

I dusted of my Dear Jane quilt, I just need to commit to this and get on with it!!!

I used this quilt in my retirement speech, only the top is done but it was a great speech even if I say so myself!

We added a new chum to the sewing room! Meet Freddie! He is from the same stable as anxious Panda who loves having a new chum, welcome Freddie!
Linking up with Archie the wonder dogs furtle


7 comments:

  1. Welcome, Freddie! And happy retirement, Sheila! Your wheel of the year is looking gorgeous and I love that retreat bag - hooray for finishes of all kinds!! *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lots more makes coming up! I have oodles of time now xx

      Delete
  2. Happy Retirement!!!! Your projects are so lovely. And life looks like so very much fun! Welcome, Freddie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the wonderful world of retirement!! All the more time for quilting, stitching and having fun. Love all those wonderful purchases from FoQ, I didn't make it this year, but still managed to buy stuff online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i am really enjoying retirement so far!

      Delete