Monday 4 March 2024

Japan day 8, pootle and hitting a wall

squeeeeeeee! I had a name plate on my table today ♥️ I asked if I could keep it the man said yes of course it was mine, then anxious discussion about whether it was the right spelling and much relief when I reassured it was 😊
Update! A wonderful ex student offered to translate this for me this is what it says

Sheila Williams-sama good morning! Did you have a relaxing night yesterday? 

We wish you a new day that begins with a smile that leads a heart full of bliss.

From staff of Ajiiru Nara
Another massive brekkie!!! This will keep me going!
First stop was to get the Kohfukuji temple goshiun which I didn't get yesterday,  I prayed again to make it right. No queue today!
Chap here pruning the orange tree
I pootled towards Naramachi, not sure what I was expecting but this wasn't it! Still lovely though 
First stop Gangoji temple,  no photos inside but such a lovely complex of buildings, the scent of insence is beautiful 
Super lovely grounds




And my second and last goshuin of the day

I found it a bit difficult to navigate and literally stumbled on thus traditional house so lovely!











A local designer had some dresses on display 





Next up was a small private museum of Naramachi,  very sweet


















I then went to this very small museum but what a treat! I didn't take any pictures it was literally 2xtables of toys, but the ladies who ran it were so sweet and engaging wanting to show me all the toys and we played this picture game at the end I was so enchanted I bought the game!
By this time it was 1.30 and I hit a wall, I dud 12 miles yesterday stayed up well past my bedtime and was very over excited! So I decided to go back to hotel and chill, popping in past supermarket of course fir some sustenance 😆😆😆😆

Almost forgot to mention I spotted a fabric shop on the way home! Fancy that 🤣🤣 I called this " supporting the local economy 😉😉"




No comments:

Post a Comment