Monday 18 March 2024

Random musings on social media and seasons

So! I've deactivated my twitter account I have 30 days to change my mind but I don't think I will. Lets see.
I was a very early adopter of twitter, probably joined about 2007? It was not long after I left EU
It was the origin of my social media name - Budsmam because in the early days it was all about the dogs, Archie, Floyd, Mr Inch so much fun and banter, then I started using it for work, there was so much joy in that! Connecting sharing information hope fir the positive potential of Social media.
And I suppose a lot of that did work out? But a lot of toxic stuff joined it, not good stuff.
Twitter was always heavily associated with work as well and not always in a healthy way.
So flash forward to now, im exhausted from jet lag and getting over a bug, I'm low and down due to a mixture of things but SAD is real and I'm feeling it a lot more in retirement I think, I dont have work as a distraction. 
I dont have the attention for reading so I'm doom scrolling through all the social media,  mostly OK but twitter isn't good any more, it has too many associations with last job and that's not good, I started to remove all those followers but then just thought - deactivate just deactivate... so I did and there you go.
This is a new season for me in my life, literally and metaphorically time to cut sone unecessary ties with the past.
And as of today 24th March I've deactivated threads, the whole Kat Middleton debacle was the end for me

No comments:

Post a Comment