Friday 31 December 2021

3 quilts from a layer cake 🤣

 Oh look at the concentration on this face!! Poor Scoobs, we are not having the best of weeks to be honest but hey when life gives you lemons etc! 



We are having to isolate because Scoobs has been home to visit family yea! But also hmmmm, he wanted to isolate because he was scared of taking omicron back home, so thats what we do. So what do you do with a week in the sewing room! You make quilts! Loads of them. First up is a layer cake set of quilts. 

My lovely chum Kim gifted me 3 layer cakes to make charity quilts with, I said she was lovely! So this is from the first one, it’s Mamma Said Sew by sweet water.

A fantastic range of text black grey and red prints. The first quilt i wanted to make was this one murmuration, a pattern for Moda by Chez moi. I love the way the blacks and greys fade with the raspberry  giving it a solid surround.


But there was quite a lot of the layer cake left , enough to make this! Splashdown  a pattern by Christina Camelli. I use 30s repro pink kitties for the background.


























I had enough of the panda backing fabric kindly sent on by Trudi Wood, I used it for the splashdown and the teeny tiny quilt at the top of this post.

For the murmuration quilt i used some of the meterage of  liberty seconds form Standfast and Barracks
I was feeling a bit miserable isolating from Scoobs, posted heaps in my stories and loved the conversations with folks commenting, fair cheered me up.




I made a boo boo and only noticed when i posted the story!




It was fun and kept me sane, OK not the best christmas ever but not a bad one. And siblings and linus got loads of quilts! Thats a wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment