Friday 31 December 2021

Grans hoose

 

 
Wow this brings back memories. I was chatting on messenger to a relative, her mam (my mams cousin) passed away this year and she has been looking through old photos. This was taken in my grans sitting room. My gran isn’t in the picture but I know it’s her sitting room because of the maiden hair fern on the left on top of a display cabinet. Also from the view across the road. The lady in the purple top is Beldie, a cousin of my grans. The lady sitting next to her is Elsie, such a lovely warm lady, I remember her so well. When you were sick Elsie would give you a ‘nae weel’ (unwell) baggie. It was a bag of comics, sweeties, colouring pencils, just things to keep you occupied and comfort you. Me and my relative spoke about my gran, you were never hungry in her house! Ainsley remembered the butter biscuits (always with extra butter on them) mellow birds coffee, all things which resonate with my childhood. Such warm times.

No comments:

Post a Comment