Tuesday 21 December 2021

Celtic wheel of the year- yule, winter solstice

 


When Carina Craft Blog released a pattern for the Celtic wheel of the year I knew I had to do it. One thing I have been yearning for is to become more attuned to the seasons.
The first of the patterns was for yule, winter solstice.  In the winter solstice we reachbthe depths of the darkness and I felt this was where I was personally too. The depths of darkness with work, this winter was particularly awful, also with shielding having to stay separate from Mark after he visited his parents at Christmas was awful. 
But and there is always a but, at yule a wonderful thing happens. The sun stops its decline and that is what happened to me too. Things stopped stayed still. I waited for the turning and it came. 
We all have moments of darkness when we don't know how much deeper we will go before the light starts to return but then in our lives theifht comes back and from the yule onwards the light did start to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment