Tuesday 30 November 2021

November furtle

 Gosh, so what has been happening in November? It’s been a funny old month, with some amazing highs, below is the temperature embroidery for October, you can see the cold coming in. This embroidery has been a great highlight of 2021. Seeing the seasons progress and move through their natural cycle is comforting in such a wild and wacky year.

We went on holiday!! We had a lovely 5 days away in Applecross, totally off grid! I managed to get a full mandala done, i do love a paisley pattern. I managed to embroider this on the wrong side! I embroidered this on the interfacing side not the linen side, but it doesn’t make a huge difference so i am leaving it as it is.
We haz a finish!!! Scoops doing his usual sterling stuff. This was the love and kisses pattern from the quilting with Liberty book by Jenni Smith. I loved making this but i think i took on a bit too much with 54 of these blocks to a tight deadline, but i loved making it and it is on its way with the Kels quilt i made to the Alice Caroline quilt SOS.
This was a definite high of the month, I had a weekend away quilting with chums!!! The lovely Ruth arranged a weekend away in a holiday cottage in Tyndrum. It was utterly fabulous, we all made the emmaline retreat bag, mine is the one in the middle. Just a super fab weekend, i think my main take away from this year is to fully appreciate what i do have and i have a lot, good good chums. 
This was the emmaline bag I made, a librarian chum was retiring so i used some of the last of my favourite library fabric, she loved it.
and thats about it for November, another funny old month in what has been 2 years of funny old months, my take away? Appreciate what you have while you have it.

1 comment:

  1. My, you’ve squeezed a lot into thirty days! Lots of embroidery and two finishes, hooray! *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete