Wednesday 24 November 2021

Love and kisses - Alice Caroline SOS 2021

 And thats a wrap!!! Phew, squeaking in at the last minute is my second quilt for the 2021 Alice Caroline this year. This is the love and kisses quilt from the Liberty book by Jenni Smith, gorgeous book which Mark gave me for Christmas last year.



I made 54 of the 8.5 inch love and kisses blocks, great way to use up bigger scraps. A grey Louden was used for the background. This is some of the remainder of the fabric from one of my foraging journeys to Standfast and Barracks when they sold liberty seconds. So many happy memories of those trips.
You know me, organisation is key 😂

Lots of opportunity for funky fabric combinations.







At times it was a slog, I wont lie, I shouldnt have picked such a big project for the last SOS quilt, I think the fact that the KELs quilt was so quick gave me a false sense of security.








I gave myself some goals and deadlines to meet, this helped.

I love the quilt, and hopefully the recipient will too.

2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! Hooray for finishes! *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sticky prodding me along 😊

      Delete