Friday 1 December 2023

November swimming

OK this is in reverse chronological order, but blogger you just do you! So many lovely swimming adventures! I was struck recently reading about David Cassidy who sadly passed awa quite young (mid 50s) supposedly on his death bed he said "so much wasted time" I dont ever want that to be my last thought. So in that spirit I have leaped feet first into outdoor swimming my lastest passion! 
Below is probably my last dip of November and how utterly wonderful was it! At the Avon Lagoon with a smashing bunch of people, so lovely. 








I'm laughing at this because I'm holding my hot water bottle to my tummy!



In the picture below I'm the one swimming out the back
The adventure below was at Cellardyke tidal pool, I have wanted to do the tidal pools ever since I read about them so when one of the groups I belong to posted did anyone want to go my hand was right up there!
How beautiful was this
It was a bit choppy in the water to take photos so this was the best I could do!
















One of the lovely ladies took along a fire pit and a toastie maker!!! they were great toasties ...


I wondered how it would feel making my own way in some very established groups but its really fine. Its all done on messenger and whatsapp, someone posts asking for a swim buddy and you say yea or nae, the groups are established so no dodgy stuff or people! this lovely lady below was looking for someone to swim with (everyone is very safety concious no lone swimming) so up I rocked, her partner had decided to come too, just a lovely swim!

It was at the lagoon, its so peaceful there
this was earlier in the month, a larger group and all so nice, I look at this and think of this time last year, all dressed up for work and now look at me!!! 


Next adventure Silver Sands Aberdour! what a great bunch, just magical, I cant quite sum up how you feel after or during but its as if all stress and tension melts away.









I was in 3/4 wetsuit but a lot were still in skins! (just swimming costumes!)













There is a lovely cafe there too!
Dance and dip??? in the dark???? well why not 😂 this was BRILLIANT!!!! At Black Sands Aberdour, it was at 6pm so in the dark, we had a wee dance on the beach for 5 mins then straight in the water, it was quite warm, the sea is normally warmer than in land at the moment. What a great way to spend a friday night!


And this is me at home warming up after each swim, I love doing this so much 💞


 

No comments:

Post a Comment