Thursday 30 March 2023

March furtle

 

Hullo!!! Blimey March 😳😳😳 when the heck did that happen 🤣🤣 so what's been happening? Lots it appears! So first up above is the latest progress on my Blossom Dear Jane quilt. I'm now 5 rows in, I don't normally do long term wips but this is a biggie so plugging away at it. I'm doing it at my fortnightly sewing group but that means only 4 blocks a month. I need to find a way to speed up a little more on this.
Quite a bit of progress on my fettling list. Above is a progress shot on the sea parrot designs birds quilt. Really quick and easy to put together a very satisfying make.

So these are two out of three initial blocks for the quilting life yearly bom. It's a great pattern but I'm wobbling about my fabric choices. Too late now I think they will be fine just heed faith in the process.

Why yes I do give a crap 🤣🤣🤣 this tickled me. We had an issue with our delivery of toilet paper (how do you "irrevocably damage" a box of 48 rolls of loo paper???) This came with the delivery note. It came the sake day that BJ gave his snivelling weaseling testimony to the standards committee...so I felt it appropriate to note that i do give a crap, quite a lot.... I'll not get too political but Jeez that testimony boiled my blood...
So! This happened and I couldn't be happier ☺️ I'm sewing  a lot more now. A lot of fpp as well and I'm worried about the effect it's having on my main machine. I looked out this wee beauty and spent a day getting her up and running again. I'm going to mainly use her for fpp to spread the load, love her.
This was the first I did in her, the two mai  blocks fir the quiet play bom under the sea. Ibgad a disaster with the background fabric I bought for it so needed an alternative. I'm using hungarian blues now.
Cute!!!!
There was some insta chat about pencil sharpners so I got out this one 😊 thought I would share here too 😆


Look what I got in a lovely giveaway from clothclaycreate on insta how cute is he!

Here are the finished sea parrot designs quilts. Love em.

Quick trip up to mams, packed a lot in, was exhausted!

Finishing off with my progress on the Riley Blake bom. I don't think I have enough contrast here which is an issue I have but hey it will still be pretty! See you in April!

5 comments:

  1. What a glorious month you’ve had: finishes galore, trips up north, new things and working on older things. Perfect! I hope FPP-ing on your featherweight works well, I imagine it’ll be nice to have her permanently ready for FPP rather than having to change the needle to a blunt one on your main machine? Unfortunately, I couldn’t watch the video of the pencil pup as the video is private, but I bet it’s fantastic. Thanks for Furtling, hooray for finishes and the fettling of them! *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hadn't realised the pencil pup was set to private !all reset now!😊 it's great having the featherweight set up makes a huge difference xx

      Delete
  2. So many cute projects! I love Dear Jane quilts, but am quite intimidated by them so I just watch other people make them. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Dear Jane is a lovely long term project

      Delete