Sunday 13 March 2022

Presents for chums

 Farewell lovely Jo! Awww happy sad memories! When I was first diagnosed with RA I put a call out for quilters which RA for tips and ways of dealing with it. Lovey Jo, quilty doings on IG replied and was so so lovely.

After a few chats we realised we lived within half an hour of each other and both worked in Edinburgh!! 

We met up for coffee a few times, went to the pictures, the cameo to see Alexander McQueen doc. I introduced her to Stirlingshire stitch, Killearn group and the rest is history.
Over the past two pandemic years me her and lovely Kim have kept each other buoyant. Car park picnics in kaleidoscope. Long lunches outdoors at the wood house. Chums like these don’t come along often and when they do you Cherish them.
Lovely Jo is moving back to England to be near family. We will still keep in touch but no more impromptu Friday/Saturday breakfasts or lunches. I had one last lunch with Jo at the wood house and gave her this as a leaving present. It’s a Hexie project pouch by vintage sewing box. Lovely pattern and I adored making the hexies, even the teeny ones with my new bionic eyes!
Awww Jo I will miss you, you are a great chum. We will still keep in touch and all the best my lovely.


2 comments: