Friday 4 November 2011

Bejewelled quilt

First post! I was trying word press as a blog tool, but perhaps a bit too advanced for my skills, blogger seems a lot more friendly so am transferring across what i had done in word press to here. Hmmm ok, just getting the hang of putting in pictures etc. I obviously need to work on my David Bailey skills! but hey not bad for a beginner. These are some of the blocks I made in a class earlier this year. There is nothing nicer than sitting in a group of women all making something, we each made the same quilt but everyones was so different. Mine was quite wild in comparison with some of the others, I deliberately chose Kaffe Fassett fabric as the background, I wanted to see how it looked with the bright jewel tones of the scrap fabrics. My partner laughs as he thinks this is way too loud but I love it. I will probably have to give it away but thats fine, as long as it finds a good home.

And here is a pic of the finished product, it did get given away think it was to a good home, not sure though, but hey such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment