Sunday 24 October 2021

Getting out and about again!

 

I’ll never forget the last sewing day I had in March 2020, it was only the second or third meeting of the Glasgow Modern guild. We had just come back from Japan, the world was on fire. It all felt so apocalyptic. When I wrote in my thought for a day diary that it might be the last meet up for a while I never in a million years thought it would be 19 months before I met up with those lovely ladies as a group. I will admit it is still quite a thing for me to go out and about with people. I am still terrified of catching this virus, so the care that everyone puts into making it feel safe is wonderful.
Yes it was so so brilliant, just sitting chatting seeing other peoples makes and bags and pouches, it feels so warm and lovely. I said in October 2020 that going forward we would be more careful about who we spent our time with. There is never any question that these ladies are on that list.



This weekend was Killearn, I have been back her once already. Today was special, helping Kim bind and finish her amazing temperature quilt. It’s a stunning evocation of the past year in colour and fabric and thread. All quite incredible, bonds made in the strangest and scariest of times.

1 comment:

  1. It’s lovely to hear you’re back with your sewing group and that everyone is being careful to be sure you’re as safe as possible xxx

    ReplyDelete