Friday 30 August 2024

A Hug a cookie and a juice box

OK I wasnt going to do this but then decided I do love looking back and really remembering how things were.

So let's have posts dedicated to retirement and especially at this point my first dance with covid amd Long covid, the title is taken from one of my favourite threads accounts - and mayhem ensued. He signs off each of his sketches he's with "have a hug a cookie and a juice box" it's just lovely, he pierces the MAGA crew mercilessly but also with some compassion I feel. I'm really enjoying threads at the moment very much like twitter in the early days.
Instagram feels stale and a but echoey just now
I'm going to start a list like I did when I had chemo, I can still see the wee book I wrote it in, it was a William Morris notebook it was my Tyoona juice and treats book, after Rosie and cheeto on IG, things to look forward too, things to tick off 




I'm completely reshaping retirement and it's not all bad, I love my house why would I spend most of my week away from it? I want it to be clean and tidy and well looked after it's been my haven and sanctuary more than once it deserves to be looked after.
Today I cut ties with training and with TT, I will miss training and my frites after but not TT, they were taking the piss they really were. I'm sad in many ways but also quite excited, this is giving me the chance to shape my retirement having learned the lessons of the last two years, thats actually quite powerful. 
These are some dreams some hopes, who knows they may happen they may not? But nice to think about 
Adventures with Scoobs any adventure with him
Steak frites with Jacky plus prosecco natch!
Sunrise dook with selkies
Coffee with Andy
Kaleidoscope with Kim
Bonnybridge weekend plus Kaleidoscope with Irene 
Mowgli with Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment