Tuesday 16 April 2019

2019 FAL Q2 proposals

Goodness , are we at Q2????
Blimey another year another FAL!  Right eyes down for the second proposal list of 2019, when on earth did it become 2019 .... let alone April ...
Anyhoo:
No.1 - New York Beauty in Tilda
this is underway, but like i thought not a quick win! but im plodding on with it


No.2 - Farmers wife 
SO CLOSE!!!! this is off to the fabulous cumbrianlongarmer for her to work her magic. i even have the binding all ready to go when it comes back. soooooooon my pretty
No.3 Paper Clip - Lucy Engels
I want to make Lucy's latest pattern in Japanese fabrics! i may have quite a bit of Japanese fabric ...



No.4 One more Cup of Coffee - Lucy Engels
aww man i have been collecting Lucys fabric since she started printing. I adore her fabric and she is from the same area as me to boot and a sooper luffly person as well :-) I have her pattern, i have the templates from Jenny Haynes. i just need to make it so.

No.5 Liberty Lone star
I commited to making 2 Alice Caroline SOS quilts this year. Its not like i dont have much liberty ...

 No.6 Liberty scrappy trip
See No 5!

No.7 Jo Avery Tea for 2
I love a Jo Avery pattern! I collected all of these patterns from Today's Quilter. I wanted to do it in bold fabrics, inspiration hit when i thought about using Japanese metallic and a bold green as the back ground and the backing, the vase fabric! got it at FOQ last year.
No.8 Liberty Fairy Tale Castle
This is very fitting for the FAL, i won this pattern in the final quarter of 2018, Fairy Tale Castle by Blossom Heart Quilts. Ill make it in Liberty for this years Alice Caroline SOS
I now have two of the six blocks i need for this quilt !

No. 9 - Disappearing nine patch
I bought this layer cake in a destash, wasnt quite sure what to do with it but then realised i have never made a disappearing 9 patch quilt. Now that sounds like a plan!


No.10 Michael Powell cross stitch
When a chum found out how much i love Michael Powell designs she unearthed a x stitch of his she had never got round to finishing. its lovely pattern, venetian windows.
No.11 Michael Powell bookmark
I always buy a bookmark from Michael Powell at the FOQ, this might be the last one i buy because im all Kindle now but i use them for my patchwork books.
No. 12 Tresna scarf
Woot woot! i have started knitting! I have the wool I have the pattern, just now need to fit in another 24 hours in the day. 
No. 13 Ridge cowl
well this is my first new knitting project from my beginners knitting class, had a blast, loved it.
No.14 Book nerd quilt
ARRRRRK, i was going to stop above but i cant have 13 on the list .... anyhow i was intending to do this pattern this year. I think i will make it my 'big scraps' pattern. There will be a few big scraps coming from some of the quilts above which will be perfect for this.

No.15 Emmaline retreat bags
I seem to have developed a habit for these ..... i sent off for more frames .... so i need to make three, as they are quick to whip up i will count all three as one finish :-)

No 16. Selvedge booklet pouch
Well its all the fault of Lucy Engels! buying all her patterns and the Jenny Haynes templates which go with them! i now need storage for my growing collection of Jenny Hanyes templates so I am going to use up some of my Selvedge collection to make an Aneela Hooey booklet pouch.




4 comments:

  1. What lovely projects! (I love the way you couldn't possibly stop at thirteen so added another three things!!!) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why thank you! i have a thing about numbers ..... my chum and i always had to do electronic submissions of our essays at either bang on 4.00 or 4.30 not a minute sooner or later !!!

      Delete
  2. Haha, April indeed!!!! A New York Beauty, in Tilda no less, now that is inspiring!!! Good luck with all your lovelies!!! On behalf of all the Finish A Long hosts, thanks so much for joining us! And happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete