Sunday 29 May 2022

Budsmams Garden Trellis quilt

Ta dah!!!
It's now finished and here is the tale!
Well where to start!!! I adored the Garden Trellis quilt pattern ever since I saw it in Todays Quilter and the designer, Deirdre Bond Abel (hat creek quilts) is just so lovely. I decided that I wanted to make it in capel, well its not like I dont have enough of it!! So I persuaded Mini Mini bud to let me loose on the capel box of love and away we go!

One of the main things putting me off starting it was that it has four main appliqué blocks, all very pretty but appliqué is not my strong point. But i had a rest day from the University and i decided since it was a ‘free day’ that i would use it to start this project and just DO it.
I used the wash away applique fabric recommended by the pattern writer DeirdeBond Abel and it worked a treat. Beautifully long armed by Cumbrian Longarmer I adore it! 

















 


1 comment:

  1. It’s absolutely magnificent! Hooray for finishes *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete