Thursday 25 July 2019

Budsmam does Bath and London - Kaffe at the American Museum

These dont really need any captions or much text do they! how wonderful it was to see this exhibition, Kaffe Fassetts modern interpretation of historical quilts from the American Museum.  I think I had one of those special days, you know the kind which you dont want to end? yup one of those.













I loved this one, made from cigar ribbons.












I took this picture for my friend Evelyn who was so scarred by a quilting workshop where everything had to be prefect that she was almost afraid to touch her quilt to finish it. This is 200 years old, they didnt worry about matching seams!










2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, a nine patch on point! Possibly my favourite nine patch variation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there you have just given me an idea to use up a mini charm pack I won! Thank you 😁

      Delete