Sunday, 31 July 2016

Clangers

 
 
Awwwww how could you resist these wee guys! Do you remember the clangers? I loved them. I also love the rural, the SWI, formerly known as the SWRI .... And in the name change there lies a big long tale which I won't go into now. It's always the rural to me 😊.
There are always lots of competitions throughout the year and I always try to pitch in with some sewing efforts if I can. They usually have a theme and this years one was "look to the future" we really scratched our heads about this but came up with a retro space agey theme. Evelyn made the fabulous Clangers set above! The knit your own Clangers book came from our local public library.
 
 
 Sandra is a crochet genius! She crocheted this amazing space helmet! She actually made up the pattern herself! Those are some skillz 😊😊😊 
 
 
 
Space invaders!! This is the cross stitch entry from Valerie, love the use of the blue background fabric.
 
 
Here is my effort a space age retro sew together bag!
 Loooooook! Evelyn even made a soup dragon! 
 
 
Final entry was this stunning space card, it even folds flat!
 
 
 
This is the group entry all together, we will find out between now and September if we have won anything, but of course it's the taking part that counts ..... Yeah right 😉

1 comment: