Since my disaster with the fruit tea and the scrappy trip blocks several things have happened.
I set up a rudimentary cutting table:
It does the job and keeps quilt blocks off the floor :-)
I have had to redo all five scrappy quilt blocks, bit of a scunner since there were one or two of the fabrics I didn't have anymore. Still I think they turned out ok. I did seem to have lost my nerve a bit with the exceptionally scant 1/4 inch seam so there are maybe or two odd blocks added to the orphan block pile.
So now these are all done and ready to post, I can get my festival of quilts groove on. As per usual I have the burning desire to finish off absolutely EVERYTHING in my to do pile in order to make room for the pile of stuff I will bring home.