Tuesday, 29 September 2026

September furtle

Hello to September's furtle! Well it's been a mixed month. First thing as ever was my section of the Phenology wheel,  only 3 more sections to go!

I've been on a mission to finish off all the embroideries and cross stitches I have laying about. Finished is better than perfect I think. For a lot of them it simply means putting them in a hoop, now I have my lovely hoop stands its easier to display them, first up this lovely mandala from Carina
I fell on love with this from cotton and twine, just love the colours so made a start 🤞 it will be done in time for Halloween 
My mam gave me this on my recent trip up. Its a silver thimble which belonged to my great grandmother. I remember my grandmother showing me this and letting me play with it when I was young. The box shows a picture of Castle Street in Aberdeen probably well over a hundred years old. I'm cleaning it up, not something I would use but lovely to have

This is exciting 🤣 I loved the look of this Halloween box from Innocent Bones, it's just so cute and the wee mini projects are very sweet in a Halloween kind of way
This was a tick off my intentions for this month, blocks for Siblings, nice and easy

Another tick off my intentions and a use of an embroidery! Two for one here 🤣. I needed a label for my quilt for Alice Caroline SOS. This was and embroidery I had whuch I was never going to frame or put up so it doubled as a.quilt label
I have mostly finished this Halloween cross stitch! It's all done just need to make it up. I'm going to make it into a mini quilt I think.
And that's a wrap for September! I didn't get all my intentions done but that's not surprising given my mega trip up to see mam. But I've mostly done the intentions I didn't tick off so 🤞 they will get done next month.
Thanks again to Archie the wonder dog for hosting. 

Intentions for this month
°Finish hollygon Wreath
°Finish Christmas cross stitch 
°Quilt label for SOS quilt ✅️
°September siblings block ✅️
°Finish Halloween x stitch 
(Carried over from August)

Intentions for next month
°Finish hollygon Wreath
°Finish Christmas cross stitch 
°Finish autumn leaves
°Finish Halloween x stitch 
(Carried over from August)

5 comments:

  1. The thimble and case are gorgeous, as all are those finishes and all that progress - hooray for finishes *waves pompoms* Thanks for Furtling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo-- I love the colourful mandala; reminds me of paisley/boteh designs, always loved those. The x-st is definitely fun, and what a beautiful little heirloom to have, a silver thimble in a custom case! You've done amazing, especially with your big trip to see mam! Yaay! *Kermit flail*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Hazel 😊

      Delete