Sunday 3 March 2019

February furtle


So what have I been furtling away at in February? Not too much actually! im heading off to Florence for a week next week so i have been busy planning that. I did fit in a visit up to my mams :-)
Those of you who follow me on IG will recognise my water bottle :-)
I did also get jog down the beach, fabulous.

Being bored one saturday morning i took a small videyo of my sewing room, cute huh?
One crafty thing i did do was attend a calligraphy class. I have always to try calligraphy so when i saw Fabric and more in Boness had a class by Toasty Type I knew i had to go. Of course I needed a pouch for the workbook etc!
Great fun, i wasnt as bad as I thought i might be, Im not going to take it up seriously but it was good fun and i enjoyed it. Here is my finished pouch, the label with my name on it was done by toasty type.



Oh one thing i forgot! Mini Bud was dead excited because he spotted his Alice Caroline quilt in todays quilter! ok so he had to look VERY VERY  hard to spot it but it was there :-)


Wot else???? been pootling on with knitting and was even bold enough to cast on for the Trsena shawl but ongoing issues with my shoulder are limiting that sadly, hey ho. 


So allow me to leave you with these beauties, I got this booklet from a clear out a lady in my group was having, how totes amazeballs are these! one day im going to do them! just for a dare :-)



thank you for joining me in a furtle.
Archie The Wonder Dog


10 comments:

  1. First off, I *love* that mug in your header!! (and Bud's adorable face, of course) What a fab sewing room you have--proper smart! Calligraphy has always fascinated me, too, and yours looks so good and flowy. :-) Boo to ongoing shoulder problems interfering with knitting! Any chance it will resolve soonish so you can continue? As for those folded stars. Hmm. Yerse. If anyone can bring them back into style with your sooper fabric picks, you can, Sheila!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a totally fantastic mug isn't it 😁😁 and thank you, yes shoulder is slowly resolving so fingers crossed there might be some knitted finishes soon 😁

      Delete
  2. I always get sewing room envy when people do tours, you have a beautiful work space and the finest Closet Peacock I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you 😁 priscilla the peacock is now out of the closet (literally and metaphorically) I love my sewing space its a wee bolt hole

      Delete
  3. I am simply going to have to nick your water bottle idea!!!! Love the emerging knitting skills too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have patented the water bottle 😂😂 but you can use it any time free of charge, I'm loving knitting too been a long time xx

      Delete
  4. I laughed out loud at those old(er) pictures. I say older because I remember that style the first time round! I’d stick to your current beautiful style of quilting and knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe some shoulder targets in Liberty? Or would that be a criminal waste of fine fabric?! Thanks for Furtling x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know I may have a few spare bits of liberty kicking about 😂😂x

      Delete