Monday, 17 July 2017

Orkney - the Italian chapel

I'm on my holibobs .... And not before time too! Might be a lettel bit burned out! Any hoo, me and Scoobs are in Orkney! After a mammoth 7 hour drive and one hour ferry trip we arrived in our cute wee chalets. We can see the sea and the Italian Chapel from our window! The chapel was the first place we visited, oh my goodness, it's not often I'm lost for words but this took my breath away. Beautiful story, Italian prisoners of war built it from two Nissan huts. Look it up on Wikipedia but don't tell my library chums I told you so 😉  
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're having a proper break - hope you come back fully refreshed because there's someone waiting for tummy squishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Im looking forward to geting back and wrestling my liberty from him 😂😂

      Delete